Axibase Time Series Database integrates the Docker environment with a customer’s existing IT management systems by consolidating usage statistics and detailed configurations in a single repository and exposing the Docker data to upstream tools (CMDB, monitoring, event management) via the ATSD API and real-time notifications.
- Seamlessly collect detailed configurations and statistics at the host, container, volume, and network level from multiple Docker hosts.
- Analyze incoming data with the built-in rule engine and escalate actionable data to upstream alerting and monitoring systems.
- Automatically assemble application-centric dashboards using image and container-labels for filtering and roll-ups.
- Provide development and operations teams a search interface to quickly locate resources as the environment grows in size and scope.
- Distribute scheduled reports on historical and estimated host and container utilization to prevent performance bottlenecks.
- Linux Container Monitoring
- Collect cpu, memory, I/O, volume, and network statistics from Docker hosts and containers.
- Correlate container utilization with OS-level usage for triage and diagnostics.
- Instantly visualize data with built-in, real-time host and container dashboards.
- Automatically build service dashboards using image and container labels.
- Centralized Change Management
- Perform detailed inventory scans of the Docker environment including hosts, images, containers, volumes, and networks.
- Notify applications and operations teams in case of container misplacements.
- Enforce labeling standards to ensure CMDB accuracy.
- Compliance and Security
- Intercept and react to life-cycle events such as new image pulls, container starts, container command executions.
- Identify images and containers that violate pre-approved black-lists and white-lists.
- Perform enterprise-wide inventory queries to identify configuration abnormalities.
- Scan launch parameters and variables to ensure secrets and credentials are protected.
The Docker Job in Axibase Collector collects properties, events, and statistics for the following Docker object types:
In local collection mode Axibase Collector containers run on each Docker host and gather statistics locally from the Docker engine.
Full-text Series Metadata Search:
Docker inspect files:
Environment Settings and Versions
Custom Composite Summary
Performance, availability and configuration rules
Messages and Events