Foreign U.S. Treasury Holders: France, Italy, and End of Year Positioning. November 2018
- Does France know something special about the treasuries?
- Italy maintains an overall stable level, however the share of short maturities has increased rapidly.
- China and Japan, the two largest holders, offset each other.
- With 85% of treasuries sold, Russia keeps pushing its holdings even lower, reducing it to $13 billion.
- Top-N countries by U.S. debt holdings, November 2018.
- Uptick by France in second half of 2018 continues.
- Italy allocates more to short-term maturities.
merge-columnssetting to merge multiple series into one row.
# merge base and offset series into a single row, one per country merge-columns = a.tags.country == b.tags.country
time-offsetsetting to load series with a time lag.
[series] # load series with 1 month lag time-offset = 1 month
csvsetting to create a list of objects with the same properties for iteration.
csv offsets = name,alias 1 month,m1 1 year,y1 3 year,y3 5 year,y5 endcsv