Foreign U.S. Treasury Holders: France, Italy, and End of Year Positioning. November 2018
- Does France know something special about the treasuries?
- Italy maintains an overall stable level, however the share of short maturities has increased rapidly.
- China and Japan, the two largest holders, offset each other.
- With 85% of treasuries sold, Russia reduced its portfolio to $13 billion, 70% of which is held in short-term T-Bills.
- TIC Data.
- The next dataset update, covering the entire calendar year of 2018, is scheduled for February 15.
- Top-N countries by U.S. debt holdings, November 2018.
- Uptick by France in second half of 2018 continues.
- Italy allocates more to short-term maturities.
- Substantial differences in maturity allocations among countries are observable.
merge-columnssetting to merge multiple series into one row.
# merge base and offset series into a single row, one per country merge-columns = a.tags.country == b.tags.country
time-offsetsetting to load series with a time lag.
[series] # load series with 1 month lag time-offset = 1 month
csvsetting to create a list of objects with the same properties for iteration.
csv offsets = alias,offset,label now,0 month,Now m1,1 month,1 month ago y1,1 year,1 year ago y3,3 year,3 years ago y5,5 year,5 years ago endcsv