Perform this compaction test to calculate ATSD storage efficiency and estimate disk space requirements for a custom dataset.
- Open Settings > Diagnostics > Compaction page.
- Initiate the compaction task. Refresh the page until the task is completed.
- Open Settings > Storage > Database Tables page. Take note of the
dtable size in the Store File Size (MB) column of the Summary table.
- Insert the dataset with a reasonable amount of data, for example 1+ million samples or 50+ megabytes in CSV format.
- Execute the compaction again on the Compaction page.
- Reload the Database Tables page and calculate the difference in the Store File Size (MB) value.
- Multiply the difference by 1048576 and divide it by the total number of samples in the dataset to calculate bytes/sample ratio.
The ratio represents an estimated amount of disk space required to store one
time:value sample for the current file system compression codec.