Axibase Enterprise Reporter
ATSD adapter in Axibase Enterprise Reporter and Axibase Fabrica creates a hierarchical representation of metrics collected in ATSD and makes them available for querying in reports.
In order for the Axibase Server to group ATSD metrics into virtual tables, metrics need to be tagged with the
Enable the "table" Tag in the Metrics List
- Log in to ATSD.
- Open the Settings > Server Properties page.
- Add the
tabletag to the
- Click Apply Changes and open the Metrics tab to verify that the
tabletag is visible in the Metrics list.
Apply the "table" Tag to Metrics
- Enter partial metric name in the Name Mask to filter Metric list by name.
?wildcards are supported.
- Set Page Size (Display on Page) to 1000.
- Click checkbox to select filtered metrics.
- Ensure that grouped metrics have the same tags. For example, group
df.disk_used_percent, and other
df.*metrics into one table since their shared tags are
- Enter a name that describes this group of selected metrics and click [Apply].
- Verify that selected metrics have the
- Repeat the process to group metrics into tables.
Discover Metric Tables in the Axibase Server
- Log in to the Axibase Server.
- Open the Admin > Warehouse Tools page.
- Select the Reload Schema Cache action.
- Select View Schema Cache and verify that new metric groups are present as tables.
Configure ATSD Proxy
Configure the Axibase Server to serve as an ATSD proxy to ensure that widgets stored in the Axibase Server can optionally query data in ATSD transparently. In this configuration, the Axibase Server redirects an API request received from the client, and executes the request.
- Open the Admin > Settings page in the Axibase Server and expand the SERVER section.
- Enter a full URL to ATSD into the
REDIRECT URLfield, including username and password as follows:
- Save these Settings.
- Add the
url = /proxysetting in widget configuration files to query ATSD directly:
[configuration] title = Performance/Daily width-units = 4 height-units = 3 url = /proxy [group] [widget] type = chart /* Query entities and metrics defined in ATSD, even if not exposed in Axibase Server */ metric = mpstat.cpu_busy entity = nurswghbs001