SolarWinds provides multi-vendor network, server, and application monitoring software for small and medium-size environments.
SolarWinds Monitor products collect and store statistics from target devices in a Microsoft SQL Server database (
SolarWindsOrion), which Axibase Collector queries every 5 minutes to offload incremental data into the Axibase Time Series Database for long-term retention and operations analytics.
- SolarWinds Server & Application Monitor
Import SolarWinds JDBC job
- On the Jobs page, select Import from the split button below the table and upload the
Configure SolarWinds Database Connection
- Open the Data Sources > Databases page and select the
- Provide connection parameters to the target
SolarWindsOriondatabase as displayed below:
- Execute the following test query to check the connection:
- Query result must be
Verify Job Configuration
- Open the SolarWinds job.
- Set Data Source to
- Choose one of target ATSD instances if your Collector instance is connected to multiple ATSD servers.
- Save the Job.
- Open each configuration, click Test, and review the output. See Data Queries below.
Schedule the Job
- Open the JDBC Job page and click Run for the SolarWinds job.
- Make sure that the job status is COMPLETED and Items Read and Sent commands are greater than 0.
- If there are no errors, set job status to Enabled and save.
Verify Metrics in ATSD
- Log in to ATSD.
- Click the Metrics tab and filter metrics by prefix
Viewing Data in ATSD
- List of collected SolarWinds metrics
- List of collected SolarWinds properties
- SolarWinds Base Portal
- SolarWinds: VMware VM
- SolarWinds: VMware Host
- SolarWinds: VMware Cluster
Data queries that offload recent metrics and properties.